VOTEE LIMITED (“we”, “Votee” or the “Company”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, fully implementing and complying with data protection principles and all relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”).
SCOPE OF POLICY
- VOTEE VERSION 1.0 mobile application software (“App”) available on our site (www.votee.com) and hosted at your applicable mobile application store (“App Site”), once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (“Device”).
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Submitted Information: information that you provide by filling in forms on the App Site and the Services Sites (together Our Sites), including the Device’s telephone number. This includes:
- information provided at the time of registering to use the App or any of the Services, including but not limited to mandatory information we need to provide the Services (your email address and a secure password) together with optional information you may provide at this stage (including your first name and last name, a username, city and country, your age range (for example 20-25) and your gender); and
- if you subscribe to any of the Services, post material or request further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with any of Our Sites.
- Additional information:
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of your visits to any of our Sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access; and
- other information relevant to the effective provision of the Services, including but not limited to:
- profile information (for example your first name, last name, profile picture, and date of birth). This information allows us to help you and others be “found” and “referenced” through the Services;
- user content (for example decisions, votes, photos, comments and other materials) that you post to our Services.
- Device information: We may collect information about the Device or any computer you may use to download or stream a copy of the App onto your Device, including, where available, the Device’s or computer’s unique device identifiers, operating system, browser type and mobile network information as well as the Device’s telephone number, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. We may associate Device information with Submitted Information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
- Log information: when you use the Services or view content on Our Sites, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs, including but not limited to internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, search terms, internet service provider (ISP), clickstream data,browser type and language, viewed and exit pages and date or time stamps.
- Unique application numbers: when you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
Our Sites use cookie technology to distinguish you from other users of Our Sites. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you use the App or browse our Sites and also allows us to improve the App and our Sites. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your computer’s or Device’s hard disk. The App and our Sites may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with our Services, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on our Services, and to customize and improve our Services. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. However, some Services may not function properly if you disable cookies.
Information Collection and Use
Our Services are not directed to children under 13. If you become aware that you child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
Storing Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5) and other technology.
Certain Services include social networking or forum features. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
Our Services provide a collaborative service which allows you to share information with other users across the world (including but not limited to sharing with friends on other online social media networks). Most of the information you provide us is information you are asking us to make public. This includes not only “real time input”on decisions other users are making and the metadata provided with “real time input”,such as the time when you posed a question, voted or made a suggestion, but also the friends you add and questions on which you collaborate, and many other bits of information that result from your use of the Services. Our default is almost always to make the information you provide visible for as long as you do not delete it from our Sites, but we generally give you settings to make the information more private if you want. While your questions are posed to private networks of friends you select questions and are not ordinarily searchable by search engines, your public information may nevertheless be broadly and instantly disseminated. For instance a question you posed may be searchable by search engines when you pose questions to users of other social networks and/or share information or content like photos, videos, and links with them via the Services. You should always think carefully about what you are making public.
Uses Made of the Information
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers.
Finding and Adding Friends to Our Services
If you choose, you can invite friends to provide input on a decision you are making. You can do this by searching for other people with Votee accounts through (i) your contacts list, (ii) third-party social media sites, (iii) by sending them an SMS inviting them to vote on a question you have posed directly from their mobile device (whether or not they are a Votee user and pursuant to which we may send them a link inviting them to join Votee); (iii) via email (together with an invitation to join Votee); or (iv)through a search of names and usernames on the App or our Sites.
If you choose to find your friends through your Device’s contacts list, then the App will access your contacts list to determine whether or not someone associated with your contact is using the Services.
If you choose to find your friends through a search of names or usernames on the App or our Sites then simply type a name to search and we will perform a search of our Services.
Note about inviting users: If you choose to invite someone to vote on a decision through the Services, you may select a person directly from the contacts list on your device and send a text or email from your personal account. We collect the names and contact information of friends invited to use the Services in this manner.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties (including but not limited to service providers with whom we work to better provide our Services and who require access to such information to carry out that work on our behalf):
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets but only after having obtained your consent to do so.
- If Votee or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case (and pursuant to a customer continuing to be a user of the Services) personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- In order to:
- protect the rights, property or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Access to Information
The Ordinance gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of HK$150 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Last updated 21 November 2013